Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A hound of a breed having a smooth coat, drooping ears, loose skin especially around the jowls, and a keen sense of smell.
2. Informal A relentless pursuer.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Breeds) a large breed of hound having a smooth glossy coat of red, tan, or black and loose wrinkled skin on its head: formerly much used in tracking and police work
2. informal a detective
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. one of a breed of large dogs with very long ears, loose skin, a usu. black-and-tan coat, and an acute sense of smell.
2. a person who is a steadfast pursuer.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||bloodhound - a breed of large powerful hound of European origin having very acute smell and used in tracking|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
bloodhound[ˈblʌdhaʊnd] n → limier m
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
bloodhound[ˈblʌdˌhaʊnd] n → segugio
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995