Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. Deficient in or lacking blood.
2. Pale and anemic in color: smiled with bloodless lips.
3. Achieved without bloodshed: a bloodless coup.
4. Lacking vivacity or spirit: a long, bloodless speech.
5. Devoid of human emotion or feeling: charts of bloodless economic indicators.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.