Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. An arctic fox having bluish gray fur in the winter and dark gray or brown fur in the summer.
2. The fur of such a fox.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Animals) a variety of the arctic fox that has a pale grey winter coat and is bred for its fur
2. (Animals) the fur of this animal
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a permanent bluish gray color phase of the arctic fox, Alopex lagopus.
2. the arctic fox in summer pelage.
3. the blue fur of this animal or a fur dyed to imitate it.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||blue fox - a variety of Arctic fox having a pale grey winter coat|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.