Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
blue bookalso blue·book (blo͞o′bo͝ok′)
1. An official list of persons in the employ of the US government.
2. A book listing the names of socially prominent people.
3. A blank notebook with blue covers in which to write the answers to examination questions.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Parliamentary Procedure) (in Britain) a government publication bound in a stiff blue paper cover: usually the report of a royal commission or a committee
2. informal chiefly US a register of well-known people
3. (in Canada) an annual statement of government accounts
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014