bluestone(redirected from bluestones)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A bluish-gray sandstone used for paving and building.
2. A stone similar to this kind of sandstone.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Geological Science) a blue-grey sandstone containing much clay, used for building and paving
2. (Elements & Compounds) the blue crystalline form of copper sulphate
3. (Geological Science) a blue variety of basalt found in Australia and used as a building stone
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
a bluish sandstone.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.