blurred(redirected from blurredly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
v. blurred, blur·ring, blurs
1. To make indistinct and hazy in outline or appearance; obscure: The haze blurred the skyline.
2. To make dim, unclear, or cloudy: The smoke blurred my vision.
3. To cause to be intellectually indistinguishable: New thinking has blurred the divisions between disciplines.
1. To become visually indistinct: The faces blurred in the crowd.
2. To be unclear or clouded: His vision blurred as the drug took effect.
3. To become intellectually indistinguishable: TV commercials and shows seem to blur into one another.
Something that is hazy and indistinct to the sight or mind.
[Probably akin to Middle English bleren, to blear.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||blurred - indistinct or hazy in outline; "a landscape of blurred outlines"; "the trees were just blurry shapes"|
indistinct - not clearly defined or easy to perceive or understand; "indistinct shapes in the gloom"; "an indistinct memory"; "only indistinct notions of what to do"
|2.||blurred - unclear in form or expression; "the blurred aims of the group"; "sometimes one understood clearly and sometimes the meaning was clouded"- H.G.Wells|
unclear - not clear to the mind; "the law itself was unclear on that point"; "the reason for their actions is unclear to this day"
1. indistinct, faint, vague, unclear, dim, fuzzy, misty, hazy, foggy, blurry, out of focus, ill-defined, lacking definition blurred black and white photographs
blurred[blɜːd] adj (TV) → sfuocato/a; (photo) → mosso/a
a., pp. de to blur, borroso-a, nublado-a, empañado-a.