blushful(redirected from blushfully)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
intr.v. blushed, blush·ing, blush·es
1. To become red in the face, especially from modesty, embarrassment, or shame; flush.
2. To become red or rosy.
3. To feel embarrassed or ashamed: blushed at his own audacity.
1. A reddening of the face, especially from modesty, embarrassment, or shame.
2. A red or rosy color: the blush of dawn.
3. A glance, look, or view: thought the painting genuine at first blush.
4. Makeup used on the face and especially on the cheekbones to give a usually rosy tint. Also called blusher.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||blushful - having a red face from embarrassment or shame or agitation or emotional upset; "the blushing boy was brought before the Principal"; "her blushful beau"; "was red-faced with anger"|
discomposed - having your composure disturbed; "looked about with a wandering and discomposed air"
|2.||blushful - of blush color; "blushful mists"|
chromatic - being or having or characterized by hue