Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to bonded: Premium bonds
1. Covered or guaranteed by a surety bond or a fidelity bond: a form that simplifies the process of making bonded improvements; a bonded electrician.
2. Of or relating to the storage of goods under a customs bond: a bonded warehouse; bonded merchandise.
a. Raised by issuing bonds: bonded funds.
b. Owed by bond: bonded debt.
4. Obligated by a debt to serve without wages: plantations worked by bonded labor.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Banking & Finance) finance consisting of, secured by, or operating under a bond or bonds
2. (Commerce) commerce deposited in a bonded warehouse; placed or stored in bond
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
adj goods → unter Zollverschluss
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007