Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One that booms: an amp that is a real boomer.
2. Informal A baby boomer.
3. Informal A nuclear submarine armed with ballistic missiles.
4. A transient worker, especially in bridge construction.
5. Australian A large, fully grown male kangaroo.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Animals) Austral a large male kangaroo
2. informal Austral and NZ anything exceptionally large
[from English dialect]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person or thing that booms.
2. a person who settles in areas or towns that are booming.
3. Informal. baby boomer.
4. an itinerant or migratory worker.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Colloquial for a load binder, a tool used to tighten chains holding down loads.
1001 Words and Phrases You Never Knew You Didn’t Know by W.R. Runyan Copyright © 2011 by W.R. Runyan
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||boomer - a member of the baby boom generation in the 1950s; "they expanded the schools for a generation of baby boomers"|
individual, mortal, person, somebody, someone, soul - a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
haut-parleur de graves