Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
a. Of, relating to, or being a person who has made a conversion or has renewed a commitment to Jesus Christ as his or her personal savior: a born-again Christian.
b. Of or relating to evangelical Christianity: born-again evangelism.
2. Characterized by renewal, resurgence, or return: a born-again fiscal conservative.
[From born again, in John 3:3 and 3:7.]
born′-a·gain′, born′-a·gain′er n.
1. (Christian Churches, other) having experienced conversion, esp to evangelical Christianity
2. showing the enthusiasm of one newly converted to any cause: a born-again monetarist.
a person who shows fervent enthusiasm for a new-found cause, belief, etc
1. committed or recommitted to faith through an intensely religious experience: a born-again Christian.
2. reactivated or revitalized: a born-again conservative.