Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A band or badge worn around the upper arm.
2. also bras·sart (brə-särt′, brăs′ärt′) A piece of armor covering the arm, especially from elbow to shoulder.
[French, from Old French bras, arm, from Latin brācchium; see brachium.]
1. (Clothing & Fashion) an identifying armband or badge
2. (Arms & Armour (excluding Firearms)) a piece of armour for the upper arm
[C19: from French, from bras arm, from Latin brachium]
bras•sard(ˈbræs ɑrd, brəˈsɑrd)
1. a decorative band worn around the upper arm, as to signify an afffiliation.
2. plate armor for the arm.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||brassard - armor plate that protects the arm |
armor plate, armor plating, armour plate, plate armor, plate armour - specially hardened steel plate used to protect fortifications or vehicles from enemy fire