Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A band or badge worn around the upper arm.
2. also bras·sart (brə-särt′, brăs′ärt′) A piece of armor covering the arm, especially from elbow to shoulder.
[French, from Old French bras, arm, from Latin brācchium; see brachium.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Clothing & Fashion) an identifying armband or badge
2. (Arms & Armour (excluding Firearms)) a piece of armour for the upper arm
[C19: from French, from bras arm, from Latin brachium]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
bras•sard(ˈbræs ɑrd, brəˈsɑrd)
1. a decorative band worn around the upper arm, as to signify an afffiliation.
2. plate armor for the arm.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||brassard - armor plate that protects the arm |
armor plate, armor plating, armour plate, plate armor, plate armour - specially hardened steel plate used to protect fortifications or vehicles from enemy fire
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.