breadboard(redirected from breadboarding)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to breadboarding: Solderless breadboard
1. A board on which bread is sliced or dough is kneaded.
2. An experimental model, especially of an electric circuit; a prototype.
3. A thin, blank, often white board on which a prototype circuit with numerous connections for circuit elements is constructed.
tr.v. bread·board·ed, bread·board·ing, bread·boards
To construct an experimental model of (an electric circuit, for example).
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Cookery) a wooden board on which dough is kneaded or bread is sliced
2. (Electrical Engineering) an experimental arrangement of electronic circuits giving access to components so that modifications can be carried out easily
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a board on which dough is kneaded or bread is sliced.
2. a circuit board on which electronic components can be easily rearranged or replaced for preliminary design or testing.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
A board ranging in size from about 15?20 inches to about 20?30 inches. It was usually stored like a drawer in the kitchen cabinet and was used as a small table on which to knead bread and roll out pie dough.
1001 Words and Phrases You Never Knew You Didn’t Know by W.R. Runyan Copyright © 2011 by W.R. Runyan
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||breadboard - a wooden or plastic board on which dough is kneaded or bread is sliced|
board - a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose; "he nailed boards across the windows"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
breadboard[ˈbredbɔːd] N (in kitchen) → tabla f para cortar el pan (Comput) → circuito m experimental
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995