Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. The point at which physical, mental, or emotional strength gives way under stress.
2. The point at which a condition or situation becomes critical.
1. the point at which something or someone gives way under strain
2. the moment of crisis in a situation
1. the point at which a person, object, or structure collapses under stress.
2. the point at which a situation or condition becomes critical.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||breaking point - (psychology) stress at which a person breaks down or a situation becomes crucial|
|2.||breaking point - the degree of tension or stress at which something breaks|
stress - (physics) force that produces strain on a physical body; "the intensity of stress is expressed in units of force divided by units of area"