breathed(redirected from breathedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. (also brēthd) Linguistics Voiceless.
2. Having breath of a specified kind. Often used in combination: sour-breathed.
(Phonetics & Phonology) phonetics relating to or denoting a speech sound for whose articulation the vocal cords are not made to vibrate. Compare voiced
1. having no voice; mute.
2. uttering no words; silent.
3. having an unmusical voice.
4. unspoken; unuttered.
5. having no vote or right of choice.
6. (of a speech sound) pronounced without vibration of the vocal cords, as the consonants (p), (f), and (s).