Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to brewing: brewing up
v. brewed, brew·ing, brews
1. To make (ale or beer) from malt and hops by infusion, boiling, and fermentation.
2. To make (a beverage) by boiling, steeping, or mixing various ingredients: brew tea.
3. To concoct; devise: brew a plot to overthrow the government.
1. To make ale or beer as an occupation.
2. To be made by boiling or steeping: As the coffee brewed, I paced in the kitchen.
3. To be imminent; impend: "storms brewing on every frontier" (John Dos Passos).
a. A beverage made by brewing.
b. A serving of such a beverage.
2. Something produced as if by brewing; a mix: Their politics were a strange brew of idealism and self-interest.
(Brewing) a quantity of a beverage brewed at one time
Brewinga collection of black clouds which signal a storm.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||brewing - the production of malt beverages (as beer or ale) from malt and hops by grinding and boiling them and fermenting the result with yeast|
production - (economics) manufacturing or mining or growing something (usually in large quantities) for sale; "he introduced more efficient methods of production"