brisket(redirected from brisket edema)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to brisket edema: brisket disease
1. The chest of an animal.
2. The ribs and meat taken from the chest of an animal.
[Middle English brusket, perhaps of Scandinavian origin; akin to Old Norse brjōsk, cartilage.]
1. (Zoology) the breast of a four-legged animal
2. (Cookery) the meat from this part, esp of beef
[C14: probably of Scandinavian origin; related to Old Norse brjōsk gristle, Norwegian and Danish brusk]
1. the breast of an animal, or the part of the breast lying next to the ribs.
2. a cut of meat, esp. beef, from this part.
[1300–50; Middle English brusket]