Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. An arrow with a wide barbed head.
2. Chiefly British A wide arrowhead mark identifying government property.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a mark shaped like a broad arrowhead designating British government property and formerly used on prison clothing
2. (Archery) an arrow with a broad head
1. a mark in the shape of a broad arrowhead, placed upon British government property.
2. an arrow having an expanded head.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||broad arrow - an arrowhead mark identifying British government property|
|2.||broad arrow - a mark shaped like an arrowhead; used to mark convicts' clothing|
mark - a written or printed symbol (as for punctuation); "his answer was just a punctuation mark"
|3.||broad arrow - an arrow with a wide barbed head|
arrow - a projectile with a straight thin shaft and an arrowhead on one end and stabilizing vanes on the other; intended to be shot from a bow