Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A densely textured, traditionally woolen cloth with a plain or twill weave and a lustrous finish.
2. A closely woven silk, cotton, or synthetic fabric with a narrow crosswise rib.
[Middle English brode clothe, cloth woven in strips of double width : brode, broad; see broad + clothe, cloth; see cloth.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Textiles) fabric woven on a wide loom
2. (Textiles) a closely woven fabric of wool, worsted, cotton, or rayon with lustrous finish, used for clothing
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
n., pl. -cloths (-ˌklɔðz, -ˌklɒðz, -ˌklɔθs, -ˌklɒθs)
1. a closely woven fabric of cotton, rayon, silk, or a mixture of these, having a soft mercerized finish, used for shirts, dresses, etc.
2. a woolen or worsted fabric constructed in a plain or twill weave, having a smooth texture and lustrous finish.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||broadcloth - a densely textured woolen fabric with a lustrous finish|
|2.||broadcloth - a closely woven silk or synthetic fabric with a narrow crosswise rib|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
broadcloth[ˈbrɔːdklɒθ] N → velarte m
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
n → merzerisierter Baumwollstoff
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007