Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to bronzing: jaundice
a. Any of various alloys of copper and tin in various proportions, sometimes with traces of other metals.
b. Any of various alloys of copper, with or without tin, and antimony, phosphorus, or other components.
2. A work of art made of one of these alloys.
3. A medal made of bronze awarded to one placing third in a competition, as in the Olympics.
a. A moderate yellowish to olive brown.
b. A pigment of this color.
1. Made of or consisting of bronze.
2. Of a moderate yellowish to olive brown.
v. bronzed, bronz·ing, bronz·es
1. To give the color or appearance of bronze to.
2. To make (a person or a person's skin) darker by exposure to the sun; tan.
3. To make (a person or a person's skin) darker by the application of bronzer.
To become bronze in color, especially by exposure to the sun or the application of bronzer: "He wondered what she thought of all these white bodies bronzing in the heat" (Robert Ferrigno).
[French, from Italian bronzo.]
1. (Building) blue pigment producing a metallic lustre when ground into paint media at fairly high concentrations
2. (Building) the application of a mixture of powdered metal or pigments of a metallic lustre, and a binding medium, such as gold size, to a surface