Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Branches that have been cut or broken off.
a. Dense undergrowth.
b. An area covered by such growth.
1. (Horticulture) cut or broken-off tree branches, twigs, etc
2. (Horticulture) another word for brush21
1. the wood of branches that have been cut or broken off.
2. a pile of such branches.
3. a thicket of bushes or shrubs; brush.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||brushwood - the wood from bushes or small branches; "they built a fire of brushwood"|
wood - the hard fibrous lignified substance under the bark of trees
|2.||brushwood - a dense growth of bushes |
botany, flora, vegetation - all the plant life in a particular region or period; "Pleistocene vegetation"; "the flora of southern California"; "the botany of China"
brake - an area thickly overgrown usually with one kind of plant
canebrake - a dense growth of cane (especially giant cane)
spinney - a copse that shelters game