Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
a. An itemized summary of estimated or intended expenditures for a given period along with proposals for financing them: submitted the annual budget to Congress.
b. A systematic plan for the expenditure of a usually fixed resource, such as money or time, during a given period: A new car will not be part of our budget this year.
c. The total sum of money allocated for a particular purpose or period of time: a project with an annual budget of five million dollars.
2. A stock or collection with definite limits: "his budget of general knowledge" (William Hazlitt).
3. Appalachian Mountains A wallet or small pouch.
v. budg·et·ed, budg·et·ing, budg·ets
1. To plan in advance the expenditure of: needed help budgeting our income; budgeted my time wisely.
2. To enter or account for in a budget: forgot to budget the car payments.
To make or use a budget.
1. Of or relating to a budget: budget items approved by Congress.
2. Appropriate for a restricted budget; inexpensive: a budget car; budget meals.
[Middle English bouget, wallet, from Old French bougette, diminutive of bouge, leather bag, from Latin bulga, of Celtic origin; see bhelgh- in Indo-European roots.]
budg′et·ar′y (bŭj′ĭ-tĕr′ē) adj.
budg′et·er, budg′et·eer′ (-ĭ-tîr′) n.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Banking & Finance) financial planning
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
budgeting[ˈbʌdʒɪtɪŋ] N → elaboración f de un presupuesto, presupuesto m
with careful budgeting → con buena administración
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
n → Kalkulation f, → Budgetierung f
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007