Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A board on which notices are posted.
2. Computers A system that enables users to send or read electronic messages, files, and other data that are of general interest and addressed to no particular person.
1. US and Canadian a board on which notices, advertisements, bulletins, etc, are displayed. Also called (in Britain and certain other countries): notice board
2. (Computer Science) computing a facility on a computer network allowing any user to leave messages that can be read by any other user, and to download software and information to the user's own computer
1. a board for the posting of bulletins, notices, announcements, etc.
2. See BBS.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||bulletin board - a computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest|
digital computer - a computer that represents information by numerical (binary) digits
|2.||bulletin board - a board that hangs on a wall; displays announcements|
board - a flat piece of material designed for a special purpose; "he nailed boards across the windows"
call-board - a bulletin board backstage in a theater
bảng thông báo
n (US: = notice board, Comput) → Schwarzes Brett