Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
Related to bundle up: call on
1. A group of objects held together, as by tying or wrapping.
2. Something wrapped or tied up for carrying; a package.
3. Biology A cluster or strand of closely bound muscle or nerve fibers.
4. Botany A vascular bundle.
a. A large amount; a lot: had a bundle of fun at the dance.
b. A large sum of money: made a bundle selling real estate.
v. bun·dled, bun·dling, bun·dles
1. To tie, wrap, or gather together.
2. To dispatch or dispense of quickly and with little fuss; hustle: bundled the child off to school.
3. To dress (a person) warmly: bundled them up in winter clothes.
1. To hurry; hasten: The children came bundling in from outside.
2. To sleep in the same bed while fully clothed, a custom formerly practiced by engaged couples in New England and in Wales.
To dress oneself warmly.
bundle of joy
bundle of nerves
An extremely nervous person.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. to dress (somebody) warmly and snugly
2. (tr) to make (something) into a bundle or bundles, esp by tying
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||bundle up - make into a bundle; "he bundled up his few possessions"|
pack - arrange in a container; "pack the books into the boxes"
|2.||bundle up - dress warmly; "Mother bundled up the children for the long way to school"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
1. A number of individuals making up or considered a unit:
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007