chops(redirected from bust chops)
Also found in: Medical, Idioms.
1. The jaws.
a. The mouth.
b. The lower cheeks or jowls.
3. Slang The technical skill with which a jazz or rock musician performs.
bust (someone's) chops
1. To scold or insult someone.
2. To disappoint or defeat someone.
3. To hold a building contractor to the letter of an agreement.
[Possibly akin to chop. N. 3, originally in reference to the embouchure of trumpeters.]
1. the jaws or cheeks; jowls
2. the mouth
3. (Music, other) music embouchure
4. (Jazz) jazz skill
5. lick one's chops informal to anticipate with pleasure
[C16: of uncertain origin]