References in periodicals archive ?
With the new cash ($1 billion over 25 years), the region's getting ready to build five major new rail and busway lines, running on exclusive rights-of-way that parallel today's clogged interstates and major arterials.
The single decker vehicle, steered by computer, will able to travel on a normal road but will switch on to a special magnetic busway for the final part of its journey.
A striking busway The report highlights a raised busway on the Boulevard Carnot, in Cannes, France.
SIR - Why should anyone want to build a guided busway between Newport, Cardiff and Swansea (January 27)?
A section of the Keelman's Way cycleway along the Tyne has been closed to allow construction to begin on a new busway.
PLANS for a guided busway for Chester hung in the balance last night after the city council refused to fund the pounds 18m scheme.
In March, a new guided busway system opened in Nancy.
He got behind the wheel after a stag night in Cambridgeshire and ended up on a 16-mile guided busway.
SIR - Rhodri Clark tells us that the manager of Newport Transport (a bus company) proposes a guided busway like that in Cambridge (124,000 population) to link Newport (146,000), Cardiff (346,000) and Swansea (240,000).
CAMPAIGNERS against a controversial busway proposed for Chester demanded the project be scrapped last night after it emerged the total cost has rocketed to pounds 17m.
AGUIDED busway linking Newport, Cardiff and Swansea would reduce traffic jams whenever the M4 is closed and provide a cheaper alternative to a motorway relief road, a senior transport executive has proposed.
Dictionary browser ?
- Bustamente furnace
- bustard quail
- buster collar
- Buster Keaton
- bustle about
- bust-up takeover
- busy bee
- busy Lizzie
- busy signal
- but and ben
- But and if
- But end
- But if
- but then
- butacaine sulfate
- butanoic acid
Full browser ?
- busts someone's nuts
- busts someone's stones
- busts stones
- busts suds
- busts their butt
- busts their butts
- busts their cherries
- busts their cherry
- busts their nuts
- busts their stones
- busts them one
- busts up
- busts us one
- busts you one
- busts your butt
- busts your cherry
- busts your nuts
- busts your stones
- busy as a beaver
- busy as a beaver building a new dam
- busy as a beaver/bee
- busy as a bee
- busy as a cat on a hot tin roof
- busy as a cranberry merchant
- busy as a cranberry merchant at Thanksgiving
- busy as a fish peddler in Lent
- busy as a hibernating bear
- busy as a one armed paper hanger
- busy as a one armed paper hanger with an itch
- busy as a one armed paper-hanger
- busy as a one armed paper-hanger with an itch
- busy as a one armed paperhanger
- busy as a one armed paperhanger with an itch
- busy as a one-armed paper hanger
- busy as a one-armed paper hanger with an itch
- busy as a one-armed paper-hanger
- busy as a one-armed paper-hanger with an itch
- busy as a one-armed paperhanger
- busy as a one-armed paperhanger with an itch
- busy as a peddler
- Busy As Full