Also found in: Medical.


Relating to, caused by, or having a calculus or calculi.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.


(ˈkælkjʊləs) or


(Pathology) of or suffering from a calculus. Obsolete form: calculose
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014


(ˈkæl kyə ləs)

characterized by the presence of calculus, or stone.
[1400–50; late Middle English < Latin]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
ThesaurusAntonymsRelated WordsSynonymsLegend:
Adj.1.calculous - relating to or caused by or having a calculus or calculi
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
References in periodicals archive ?
of patients Diabetes mellitus 72 CBD calculi 5 Calculous Cholecystitis 11 Cirrhosis of Liver 4 Figure 7 No.
MATERIAL AND METHOD: A non-randomized prospective analytical study was conducted on 100 subjects of calculous cholecystitis admitted in the Department of General Surgery, in tertiary health care center who underwent cholecystectomy from Nov.
DIAGNOSIS: Maximum number of patients belonged to inguinal hernia group (53; 64%) and together with recurrent appendicitis they constituted about 86%.Remaining 14% cases include Para umbilical hernia, incisional hernia, epigastric hernia, gastric outlet obstruction and calculous cholecystitis.
MATERIAL AND METHODS: A total of 51 chronic calculous cholecystitis patients were selected from the surgical outpatient department of NRS Medical College in this hospital based, open, prospective comparative study.
The risk factors like female gender, obesity; dietary factors and diabetes play a vital role in the development of calculous cholecystitis.
Clinically, AAC is indistinguishable from acute calculous cholecystitis.
C-Reactive Protein as a Predictor of Difficult Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy in Patients with Acute Calculous Cholecystitis: A Multivariate Analysis.
We report a case of a cholecystocutaneous fistula and percutaneous drainage of the abscess in a patient with calculous cholecystitis.
There was no evidence of mass or calculous in the gall bladder.
Examples include Calculous 3, Linear Algebra and Differential Equations.
The degree of masculine differentiation of obesities: a factor determining predisposition to diabetes, atherosclerosis, gout, and uric calculous disease.
PETER MacKAY: So there is a whole different calculous that goes on, and that's just a fingernail clipping of an example, and that in some ways is the challenge of getting into a retaliatory dispute of this size.