Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. An engraved card bearing one's full name. Also called visiting card.
2. A distinguishing characteristic or behavior.
3. See phone card.
a small card bearing the name and usually the address of a person, esp for giving to business or social acquaintances. Also called: visiting card
1. a small card with a person's name and often address presented on a social visit.
2. any trace or characteristic by which someone or something can be recognized.
3. Also called phone card. a prepaid card or charge card that can be used to make a call from a telephone away from home.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||calling card - a card that is used instead of cash to make telephone calls|
|2.||calling card - a printed or written greeting that is left to indicate that you have visited|
|3.||calling card - a distinguishing characteristic or behavior; "bombs are a terrorist's calling cards"|