canine(redirected from canine papillomatosis)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Of, relating to, or characteristic of the canids.
2. Of, relating to, or being one of the pointed conical teeth located between the incisors and the first bicuspids.
1. An animal of the family Canidae, especially a dog.
2. One of the pointed, conical teeth located between the incisors and the first bicuspids. Also called cuspid.
1. of or resembling a dog; doglike
2. (Animals) of, relating to, or belonging to the Canidae, a family of mammals, including dogs, jackals, wolves, and foxes, typically having a bushy tail, erect ears, and a long muzzle: order Carnivora (carnivores)
3. (Dentistry) of or relating to any of the four teeth, two in each jaw, situated between the incisors and the premolars
4. (Animals) any animal of the family Canidae
5. (Dentistry) a canine tooth
[C17: from Latin canīnus, from canis dog]
1. of or like a dog; pertaining to or characteristic of dogs: canine loyalty.
2. of or pertaining to any of the four single-cusped, pointed teeth, esp. prominent in dogs, situated in the upper and lower jaws next to the incisors.n.
3. a canid.
4. a dog.
5. one of the four pointed teeth of the jaws.
[1350–1400; Middle English: canine tooth (< Middle French) < Latin canīnus=can(is) dog + -īnus -ine1]
1. Relating to a family of meat-eating mammals that includes the dogs, wolves, foxes, and coyotes.
2. Relating to any of the four pointed teeth located behind the incisors in most mammals. In carnivores, the canine teeth are adapted for cutting and tearing meat.
1. An animal belonging to the canine family of mammals.
2. A canine tooth.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||canine - one of the four pointed conical teeth (two in each jaw) located between the incisors and the premolars|
fang - canine tooth of a carnivorous animal; used to seize and tear its prey
tooth - hard bonelike structures in the jaws of vertebrates; used for biting and chewing or for attack and defense
|2.||canine - any of various fissiped mammals with nonretractile claws and typically long muzzles|
carnivore - a terrestrial or aquatic flesh-eating mammal; "terrestrial carnivores have four or five clawed digits on each limb"
bitch - female of any member of the dog family
Canis familiaris, dog, domestic dog - a member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times; occurs in many breeds; "the dog barked all night"
wolf - any of various predatory carnivorous canine mammals of North America and Eurasia that usually hunt in packs
Canis aureus, jackal - Old World nocturnal canine mammal closely related to the dog; smaller than a wolf; sometimes hunts in a pack but usually singly or as a member of a pair
wild dog - any of various undomesticated mammals of the family Canidae that are thought to resemble domestic dogs as distinguished from jackals or wolves
fox - alert carnivorous mammal with pointed muzzle and ears and a bushy tail; most are predators that do not hunt in packs
paw - a clawed foot of an animal especially a quadruped
|Adj.||1.||canine - of or relating to a pointed conical tooth|
|2.||canine - of or relating to or characteristic of members of the family Canidae|
1. adj → canino/a
2. n (canine tooth) → (dente m) canino
like, or of, a dog or dogs. canine characteristics. hondagtig كَلْبي кучешки canino psí Hunde-... hunde- σκυλίσιοςcanino koerataoline, koera- سگی؛ سگ مانند koiramainen canin כַּלְבִּי कुत्ता संबंधित pasji kutya- anjing hund-; hundakyns- canino 犬の 개의, 송곳니의 šuns, šuniškas suņa-; suņu- bersifat kanin hondachtig hunde-, hundliknende psi د سپی غوندی canino canin собачий psí pasji pseći hund-, hundlik ที่เกี่ยวกับสุนัข köpeğe ait/benzer 犬的 собачий کتوں کی طرح یا کتوں سے تعلق رکھنے والا thuộc chó 犬的canine teeth
in man, the four sharp-pointed teeth. oogtande أنْياب кучешки зъби caninos špičáky der Eckzahn hjørnetand κυνόδοντες dientes caninos silmahambad دندان نیش kulmahammas canineניב सामने के चार दांतों में से एक očnjak szemfog taring augntönn canino 犬歯 송곳니 iltys, iltiniai dantys acu zobi gigi kanin hoektanden hjørnetenner kły د غاښنیش caninos canin клыки očný zub podočnik očnjak hörntänder เขี้ยว köpek dişi 犬牙 ікла چار نکیلے انسانی دانت răng nanh 犬牙
n. canino; cúspide; diente;
a. rel. a los perros.