Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Wikipedia.
Related to capital account: Financial account
1. The component of a nation's balance of payments that includes the outflow and inflow of capital (that is, the purchases of foreign assets and foreign purchases of domestic assets).
2. An account stating the amount of funds and assets invested in a business by the owners or stockholders, including retained earnings.
3. A statement of the net worth of a business at a given time.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Economics) economics that part of a balance of payments composed of movements of capital and international loans and grants. Compare current account2
2. (Accounting & Book-keeping) accounting a financial statement showing the net value of a company at a specified date. It is defined as total assets minus total liabilities and represents ownership interests
3. (Accounting & Book-keeping) US an account of fixed assets
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||capital account - (economics) that part of the balance of payments recording a nation's outflow and inflow of financial securities|
economic science, economics, political economy - the branch of social science that deals with the production and distribution and consumption of goods and services and their management
account statement, accounting, account - a statement of recent transactions and the resulting balance; "they send me an accounting every month"
|2.||capital account - (finance) an account of the net value of a business at a specified date|
finance - the branch of economics that studies the management of money and other assets
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
capital accountn → conto capitale
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995