carved(redirected from carvedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. carved, carv·ing, carves
a. To divide into pieces by cutting; slice: carved a roast.
b. To divide by parceling out: carve up an estate.
2. To cut into a desired shape; fashion by cutting: carve the wood into a figure.
3. To make or form by or as if by cutting: carve initials in the bark; carved out an empire.
4. To decorate by cutting and shaping carefully.
5. To make (a turn or turns) smoothly and without skidding, as when skiing or riding a snowboard, by leaning sharply into the direction of the turn.
1. To engrave or cut figures as an art, hobby, or trade.
2. To disjoint, slice, and serve meat or poultry.
3. To carve turns, as when skiing.