castellated(redirected from castellatedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Furnished with turrets and battlements in the style of a castle.
2. Having a castle.
[Medieval Latin castellātus, past participle of castellāre, to fortify as a castle, from Latin castellum, fort; see castle.]
1. (Architecture) having turrets and battlements, like a castle
2. (Mechanical Engineering) having indentations similar to battlements: a castellated nut; a castellated filament.
[C17: from Medieval Latin castellātus, from castellāre to fortify as a castle]
cas•tel•lat•ed(ˈkæs tlˌeɪ tɪd)
1. built like a castle, esp. with turrets and battlements.
2. having a pattern of indentation resembling a battlement: a castellated nut.
3. having many castles.