causal(redirected from causal modeling)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. Of, involving, or constituting a cause: a causal relationship between scarcity of goods and higher prices.
2. Indicative of or expressing a cause.
A word or grammatical element, such as since or because, expressing a cause or reason.
1. acting as or being a cause
2. stating, involving, or implying a cause: the causal part of the argument.
3. (Philosophy) philosophy (of a theory) explaining a phenomenon or analysing a concept in terms of some causal relation
1. of or pertaining to a cause.
2. expressing a cause, as the conjunctions because and since.
[1520–30; < Latin]