Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Being at or placed in the center.
2. Having a specified center. Often used in combination: a soft-centered candy; a yellow-centered daisy.
3. Self-confident, stable, and well-balanced: "He's a centered guy. He's always seemed to know what he wanted, and gone after it in a concrete way" (Vanity Fair).
(Self-help) the US spelling of centred
1. having a central axis: a centered arc.
2. equidistant from all adjacent areas; situated in the center.
3. inwardly calm and steady.