Also found in: Wikipedia.
Related to centillion: googolplex
1. The cardinal number equal to 10303.
2. Chiefly British The cardinal number equal to 10600.
cen·til′lionth adj.adv. & n.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n, pl -lions or -lion
1. (Mathematics) (in Britain and Germany) the number represented as one followed by 600 zeros (10600)
2. (Mathematics) (in the US, Canada, and France) the number represented as one followed by 303 zeros (10303)
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
n., pl. -lions, (as after a numeral) -lion, n.
1. a cardinal number represented in the U.S. by 1 followed by 303 zeros, and in Great Britain by 1 followed by 600 zeros.adj.
2. amounting to one centillion in number.
[1850–55; < Latin cent(um) hundred + -illion (as in million, billion, etc.)]
cen•til′lionth, n., adj.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.