chafed(redirected from chafedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. chafed, chaf·ing, chafes
1. To wear away or irritate by rubbing or friction: The collar chafed my neck.
2. To annoy; vex: "It chafed him no end to be under obligation to her" (Carson McCullers).
3. To warm by rubbing, as with the hands.
1. To cause irritation by rubbing or friction: The high collar chafed against my neck.
2. To become worn or sore from rubbing or friction: His skin chafed where the cast had been.
3. To feel irritated or impatient: They chafed at the delay. The reporters chafed under the new restrictions.
1. Warmth, wear, or soreness produced by friction.
2. Annoyance; vexation.