causation(redirected from chains of causation)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
1. The act or process of causing.
2. A cause.
1. the act or fact of causing; the production of an effect by a cause
2. the relationship of cause and effect
1. the act or fact of causing.
2. the relation of cause to effect; causality.
3. anything that produces an effect; cause.
[1640–50; < Medieval Latin]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||causation - the act of causing something to happen|
sending - the act of causing something to go (especially messages)
coercion, compulsion - using force to cause something to occur; "though pressed into rugby under compulsion I began to enjoy the game"; "they didn't have to use coercion"
influence - causing something without any direct or apparent effort