Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to changeover: Changeover switch
A conversion to a different purpose or from one system to another, as in equipment or production techniques.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. an alteration or complete reversal from one method, system, or product to another: a changeover to decimal currency.
2. a reversal of a situation, attitude, etc
3. (Athletics (Track & Field)) sport
a. the act of transferring to or being relieved by a team-mate in a relay race, as by handing over a baton, etc
b. Also called: change or takeover the point in a relay race at which the transfer is made
4. (Team Sports, other than specified) sport chiefly Brit the exchange of ends by two teams, esp at half time
5. to adopt (a completely different position or attitude): the driver and navigator changed over after four hours.
6. (Team Sports, other than specified) (intr) sport chiefly Brit (of two teams) to exchange ends of a playing field, etc, as after half time
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
a conversion from one condition, system, or apparatus to another.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||changeover - an event that results in a transformation|
glycogenesis - the conversion of glucose to glycogen when the glucose in the blood exceeds the demand
rectification - the conversion of alternating current to direct current
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
changeover[ˈtʃeɪndʒˌəʊvəʳ] N → cambio m
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
changeover[ˈtʃeɪndʒəʊvər] n (to new system) → changement m, passage mchange purse n (US) → porte-monnaie m inv
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995