Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A building in which the chapter of a church or religious residence assembles.
2. A house in which a chapter of a fraternity or sorority lives and holds its meetings.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a building attached to a cathedral or monastery, used as a meeting place for the chapter.
2. a building used by a chapter of a fraternity, sorority, etc.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
1. The administrative meeting place of a monastery or cathedral.
2. A building where a branch of a fraternity or sorority holds meetings.
Dictionary of Unfamiliar Words by Diagram Group Copyright © 2008 by Diagram Visual Information Limited