Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Of, relating to, or characterized by charisma: "the warmth of a naturally charismatic leader" (Joyce Carol Oates).
2. Of, relating to, or being a type of Christianity that emphasizes personal religious experience and divinely inspired powers, as of healing, prophecy, and the gift of tongues.
A member of a Christian charismatic group or movement.
char•is•mat•ic(ˌkær ɪzˈmæt ɪk)
1. of, having, or characteristic of charisma.
2. characterizing Christians of various denominations who seek an ecstatic religious experience, sometimes including speaking in tongues and instantaneous healing.n.
3. a Christian who emphasizes such a religious experience.
With divinely given power or talent. The word is often used to describe sect leaders capable of inspiring or influencing people.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||charismatic - possessing an extraordinary ability to attract; "a charismatic leader"; "a magnetic personality"|
attractive - pleasing to the eye or mind especially through beauty or charm; "a remarkably attractive young man"; "an attractive personality"; "attractive clothes"; "a book with attractive illustrations"
charismatic[ˌkærɪzˈmætɪk] ADJ → carismático
adj → charismatisch