Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One that chases or pursues another: a chaser of criminals.
2. A drink, as of beer or water, taken after hard liquor.
1. One who decorates metal by engraving or embossing.
2. A steel tool for cutting or finishing screw threads.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a person or thing that chases
2. (Brewing) a drink drunk after another of a different kind, as beer after spirits
3. (Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery) a cannon on a vessel situated either at the bow (bow chaser) or the stern (stern chaser) and used during pursuit by or of another vessel
1. (Jewellery) a person who engraves
2. (Tools) a lathe cutting tool for accurately finishing a screw thread, having a cutting edge consisting of several repetitions of the thread form
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. one that chases or pursues.
2. a milder beverage taken after a drink of liquor.
3. a hunter.
1. a person who engraves metal.
2. a tool with multiple teeth for cutting screw threads.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||chaser - a person who is pursuing and trying to overtake or capture; "always before he had been able to outwit his pursuers"|
bounty hunter - someone who pursues fugitives or criminals for whom a reward is offered
follower - someone who travels behind or pursues another
|2.||chaser - a drink to follow immediately after another drink|
drink - a single serving of a beverage; "I asked for a hot drink"; "likes a drink before dinner"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
a. (drink) bibita poco alcolica bevuta dopo un superalcolico
b. (person) → inseguitore/trice, cacciatore/trice
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995