Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Divided into squares.
2. Marked by light and dark patches; diversified in color.
3. Characterized by shifts in fortune or dishonorable acts: a checkered career.
1. marked by numerous shifts or changes: a checkered career.
2. marked by dubious episodes: a checkered past.
3. marked with squares.
4. varigated in color or shading.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||checkered - patterned with alternating squares of color|
patterned - having patterns (especially colorful patterns)
|2.||checkered - marked by changeable fortune; "a checkered business career"|