retractor(redirected from cheek retractor)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
One that retracts, as:
a. Anatomy A muscle, such as a flexor, that retracts an organ or a part.
b. Medicine A surgical instrument used to hold back organs or the edges of an incision.
1. (Anatomy) anatomy any of various muscles that retract an organ or part
2. (Surgery) surgery an instrument for holding back the edges of a surgical incision or organ or part
3. a person or thing that retracts
1. a person or thing that retracts.
2. Surg. an instrument for drawing back the edges of an incision.