chewable(redirected from chewablely)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. chewed, chew·ing, chews
1. To bite and grind with the teeth; masticate.
2. To meditate on; ponder: chew a problem over.
1. To make a crushing and grinding motion with the teeth.
2. To cogitate; meditate: chewed on the difficulties ahead.
3. Informal To chew tobacco as a habit.
1. The act of chewing.
2. Something held in the mouth and chewed, especially a plug of tobacco.
chew out SlangIdioms:
To reprimand; scold.
chew the cud Slang
To ponder over; meditate.
chew the fat/rag Slang
To talk together in a friendly, leisurely way; chat at length.
[Middle English cheuen, from Old English cēowan.]