Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. One that chokes or suffocates another.
2. Something that fits closely around the neck or throat, as:
a. A tight-fitting necklace.
b. A high, tight collar.
c. A narrow neckpiece of fur.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Clothing & Fashion) a woman's high collar, popular esp in the late 19th century
2. (Clothing & Fashion) any neckband or necklace worn tightly around the throat
3. (Clothing & Fashion) a high clerical collar; stock
4. a person who chokes
5. something that causes a person to choke
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. one that chokes.
2. something fitting snugly around the neck, as a necklace or high collar.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
A necklace or neckband that fits tightly around a woman’s throat.
Dictionary of Unfamiliar Words by Diagram Group Copyright © 2008 by Diagram Visual Information Limited
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||choker - someone who kills by strangling|
|2.||choker - an unfortunate person who is unable to perform effectively because of nervous tension or agitation; "he could win if he wasn't a choker"|
|3.||choker - necklace that fits tightly around a woman's neck|
necklace - jewelry consisting of a cord or chain (often bearing gems) worn about the neck as an ornament (especially by women)
|4.||choker - a high tight collar |
fraise - a ruff for the neck worn in the 16th century
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
2. (Mech) → obturador m
3. (= disappointment) → fastidio m
4. (esp US) (= person) → agobiado/a m/f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
choker[ˈtʃəʊkəʳ] n → collana giracollo
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995