choker(redirected from chokers)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. One that chokes or suffocates another.
2. Something that fits closely around the neck or throat, as:
a. A tight-fitting necklace.
b. A high, tight collar.
c. A narrow neckpiece of fur.
1. (Clothing & Fashion) a woman's high collar, popular esp in the late 19th century
2. (Clothing & Fashion) any neckband or necklace worn tightly around the throat
3. (Clothing & Fashion) a high clerical collar; stock
4. a person who chokes
5. something that causes a person to choke
1. one that chokes.
2. something fitting snugly around the neck, as a necklace or high collar.
A necklace or neckband that fits tightly around a woman’s throat.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||choker - someone who kills by strangling|
|2.||choker - an unfortunate person who is unable to perform effectively because of nervous tension or agitation; "he could win if he wasn't a choker"|
|3.||choker - necklace that fits tightly around a woman's neck|
necklace - jewelry consisting of a cord or chain (often bearing gems) worn about the neck as an ornament (especially by women)
|4.||choker - a high tight collar |
fraise - a ruff for the neck worn in the 16th century