chordal(redirected from chordally)
Also found in: Medical.
1. Of or relating to the strings of an instrument.
2. Relating to or consisting of a harmonic chord.
3. Giving prominence to harmonic rather than contrapuntal structure: chordal music.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. of, pertaining to, or resembling a chord.
2. of or pertaining to music that is marked principally by vertical harmonic movement rather than by linear polyphony.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
|Adj.||1.||chordal - relating to or consisting of or emphasizing chords; "chordal assonance in modern music"; "chordal rather than contrapuntal music"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
adj (Mus) → Akkord-
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007