chordal(redirected from chordally)
Also found in: Medical.
1. Of or relating to the strings of an instrument.
2. Relating to or consisting of a harmonic chord.
3. Giving prominence to harmonic rather than contrapuntal structure: chordal music.
1. of, pertaining to, or resembling a chord.
2. of or pertaining to music that is marked principally by vertical harmonic movement rather than by linear polyphony.
|Adj.||1.||chordal - relating to or consisting of or emphasizing chords; "chordal assonance in modern music"; "chordal rather than contrapuntal music"|
adj (Mus) → Akkord-