Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The Christian sacrament of baptizing and naming an infant.
2. An inaugural ceremony in which something is declared ready for use, as when a newly built ship is named and launched.
(Ecclesiastical Terms) the Christian sacrament of baptism or the ceremony in which this is conferred
chris•ten•ing(ˈkrɪs ə nɪŋ, ˈkrɪs nɪŋ)
1. the ceremony of baptism, esp. as accompanied by the giving of a name to a child.
2. a public ceremony in which a new ship is formally named and launched.
3. an act or instance of naming or dedicating something new.
lễ rửa tội