murine(redirected from chronic murine respiratory disease)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
Related to chronic murine respiratory disease: Chronic lower respiratory disease
1. Of or relating to a rodent of the subfamily Murinae, which includes the house mouse and the brown rat.
2. Caused, transmitted by, or affecting such a rodent: murine leukemia.
A murine rodent.
1. (Animals) of, relating to, or belonging to the Muridae, an Old World family of rodents, typically having long hairless tails: includes rats and mice
2. (Zoology) resembling a mouse or rat
(Animals) any animal belonging to the Muridae
[C17: from Latin mūrīnus of mice, from mūs mouse]
mu•rine(ˈmyʊər aɪn, -ɪn)
1. belonging or pertaining to the Muridae, the family of rodents that includes the mice and rats.n.
2. a murine rodent.
[1600–10; < Latin mūrīnus of mice; derivative of mūr- mouse]
murine- Means "pertaining to mice or rodents."
See also related terms for mice.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||murine - a rodent that is a member of the family Muridae|
|Adj.||1.||murine - of or relating to or transmitted by a member of the family Muridae (rats and mice); "a murine plague"|