Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A metal coating bonded onto another metal under high pressure and temperature.
2. The process of forming such a coating.
3. A protective or insulating layer fixed to the outside of a building or another structure.
[Earlier, clothing, possibly from clad.]
1. (Metallurgy) the process of protecting one metal by bonding a second metal to its surface
2. (Metallurgy) the protective coating so bonded to metal
3. (Building) the material used for the outside facing of a building, etc
1. the act or process of bonding one metal to another, usu. to protect the inner metal from corrosion.
2. metal bonded to an inner core of another metal.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||cladding - a protective covering that protects the outside of a building|
protective cover, protective covering, protection - a covering that is intend to protect from damage or injury; "they had no protection from the fallout"; "wax provided protection for the floors"