Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One who applauds.
2. The tongue of a bell.
3. Slang The tongue of a garrulous person.
4. clappers Two flat pieces of wood held between the fingers and struck together rhythmically.
1. a person or thing that claps
2. (Tools) a contrivance for producing a sound of clapping, as for scaring birds
3. Also called: tongue a small piece of metal suspended within a bell that causes it to sound when made to strike against its side
4. (Anatomy) a slang word for tongue1
5. go like the clappers run like the clappers move like the clappers informal Brit to move extremely fast
1. a person who applauds.
2. the tongue of a bell.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||clapper - someone who applauds|
|2.||clapper - a mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity|
organ - a fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function
articulator - a movable speech organ
mouth, oral cavity, oral fissure, rima oris - the opening through which food is taken in and vocalizations emerge; "he stuffed his mouth with candy"
|3.||clapper - metal striker that hangs inside a bell and makes a sound by hitting the side|
bell - a hollow device made of metal that makes a ringing sound when struck
striker - the part of a mechanical device that strikes something